Wednesday 18 February 2009

mechanical difficulties

I am not having a good start to the pre-racing season. Its just not good... firstly I turn up at the Dave Kane reliability and go with the a-run, little did I know that it was full of first cats who wanted to ride at 30mph on shitty roads round the ards peninsula. And with me being a bundle of nerves at getting back into riding into a fast pack. Joy. I got shelled after about 30 miles and had no intention of finishing it then... too windy by yourself. Feck that.

Next... a training run doing some hill repeats on Stormont on the canyon bike with tubular tyres... all good, hard work (but we like that)... until warming down and I hit a pothole on the newtownards road. I think I may have been the first person ever to pinch flat a tub. Argh. Ok.. so need to get that off and get it repaired to save buying a new one at 40 sheets.

Next... Maryland reliability... going well... had got over initial nervousness and starting to settle in nicely for some hard work... going uphill.. pop. Argh. Chain has popped the missing link used to join it. And thats me stranded in Katesbridge somewhere.... phone Mrs Henderson for a lift him. Doh. It would seem the bike shop put the wrong missing link in for that chain. The difference is a whole 0.2mm.

Next... training run home yesterday.... finishing off with a spin up Castlehill road to warm down. Oh whats that? A crater? Yep. Did I see it? No. What happened? Flatted two tyres and had to walk home. Only half a mile but even so.

Its not going well!

No comments: