Friday 23 January 2009

the wheels on the bike...

... go round and round, as the old nursery rhyme goes. Although in fairness... thats all I can remember of it.

Anyway. I digress. (Ha... I've always wanted to say that, even though it has no relevance.)

Ok... so this weekend the start of the reliability trials start in Northern Ireland for all the cyclists. For those that don't know (or care), a reliability trial is known as a faster paced club run over 50-70 miles or so to basically verify your bike is working properly, your winter training has taken etc etc.

In reality... its the start of the 'not-racing' season.
In reality... reliability trials are cunningly disguised as 'not-races'. They end up at race speed, are dead competitive and for some bizarre reason some people put a lot of prestige in doing well in them. Sounds like a race to me. Only in colder worse weather.

So, I'm planning to do the one on Sunday from Lurgan. I believe there is a 65 mile distance for it, so I'll probably go for that and see how I get on. My main dilemma is which bike to take... break out the newest addition... or take the old faithful planet-x? hmmm.

No comments: