Thursday 10 July 2008

victory favours those that take the pains....


and man... have I taken the pain. that has to guarantee at least a placing in a race sometime soon..... yeah, so all surgery done on me now... and i'm left with a nice cut and a large numb section on my shoulder.

it apparently went well, and quick... only an hour till it was done and about 2 in recovery.
then I got back to the ward and my god... how it hurt. never experienced anything like that before... it hurt like hell. many many drugs later... it still hurt like hell. I actually actively sought injections in my arse to control the pain. madness.

anyhoo... its done now, and recovery is coming on well... i'm out of the sling and have a fairly large range of movement going on which is excellent... still about a week before i'm allowed on the bike though :-( but it feels like I could do the turbo now... but i'm not supposed to get the wound wet at all... and considering how much I sweat on the turbo.... :-)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh look at you, you've been sliced open! Glad you got through the op anyway, even if it hurt at the time. Now stay off that bike until you have healed up properly! :P